Parents form a vital part of the school community.
Parents are encouraged to take an active interest in their child’s learning and school activities.
We particularly ask parents to be regular and diligent in listening to their children read and checking and signing that their homework has been completed.
There are three formal occasions during the school year when parents are invited to learn about the targets and ways in which they can help their child in expectations for the year and/or to look at their children’s work and discuss their progress with the teacher. Teachers and the Head are always happy to discuss any concerns at the end of the school day, or at other times by appointment.
FoNS (Friends of Newnham School)
As a parent of a child at the school, you are automatically a member of FoNS.
It is open to all who are interested in the school as part of the village community.
The organisation aims to promote good school and community relations and to arrange social as well as fundraising events. For many years parents, friends and teachers have given many hours of their time, not only in having fun with Christmas Fayres, discos, Summer Fetes, but also in raising a considerable amount of money to provide the school with essential equipment. In recent years, the PTA has raised a considerable amount of money for the revamped toilet blocks, the cabin in Ladybirds play area, amongst many others. The PTA committee is elected each year at the AGM. You will be very welcome to come along to meetings which are held each term and also to support PTA events - it is your children who benefit!
Newnham Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Providing a safe environment for all our students, staff and visitors is at the upmost importance to us.
Our Safeguarding Team
Mr S JohnsonSenior Designated Safeguarding Lead/Headteacher
Mr S Johnson
Miss V WarrenDeputy Safeguarding Lead/Assistant Headteacher
Miss V Warren
Fire and Emergency Evacuation: If the fire alarm sounds, please leave the Building immediately by the nearest fire exit and assemble on the school field.
First Aid: Please ask at reception if you need assistance.
Accidents and Incidents: Please report these to reception
Access to the Internet: All users of the school systems and Wi-Fi must comply with the school’s ICT policy. Please ask for details.
Visitors’ Toilets: These are located in KS2 Building.
Disclosure by a child
If a student discloses information about significant harm you should:
- Tell the student that you need to tell someone else, you cannot promise confidentiality.
- Make accurate notes of what has been said by the student and pass this immediately to the designated safeguarding lead.
It is not your responsibility to investigate but to report to the designated safeguarding lead.
As a visitor to our school, either as a contractor, volunteer, supply teacher or someone that has come to work with our children in any capacity, it is important that you are aware of our safeguarding procedures.
- Please refer to the back page of this leaflet for contact details of our child protection team. Alternatively, please contact reception who can locate them for you.
- If there is any reason to suspect that a student has suffered from bullying or discrimination, or is likely to suffer significant harm, you must inform the designated safeguarding lead immediately. Our staff will follow the procedures according to the school’s safeguarding policy.
Keeping Everyone Safe
We hope that you have an enjoyable visit to Newnham Primary School. Our main priority is to ensure that everyone who visits is aware of their responsibilities towards making sure all young people are safe. As a visitor remember the following:
- If you are working in a 1:1 situation with a student, we must have confirmation that all the necessary safeguarding checks have been carried out including an enhanced DBS check.
- You must not have any physical contact with any student.
- You must never exchange contact details with a student or arrange to meet them outside of the school environment.
- The use of cameras and taking photographs is not permitted unless prior permission has been sought.
Local Safeguarding Authority
Northampton Safeguarding Children Partnership - 01604 364036 http://www.northamptonshirescb.org.uk/
Our performance against other schools can be found via the Department for Education’s School Performance Table.
KS2 Performance Data - 2018/19
KS2 Results Over Time
Ofsted & Parent View
Our latest Ofsted report can be found here.