At Newnham having a strong partnership with our parents is very important to us.
As a parent of a child at Newnham School you are automatically a member of F.O.N.S.
You can help raise funds in a number of ways:
- Become a committee member and attend meetings, helping in the coordination of F.O.N.S
- Help out at events. We always need extra hands for setting-up, being at and clearing up. Any hour you can lend us of your time is greatly welcomed.
- Attend as many events as you can. We can organise lots of different events, but we need people to come to make them a success.
- Keep up to date with FONS news and let people know about what's going on.
If you want to be involved email: email@example.com
We also have strong links with the other academies in the David Ross Education Trust, and work closely with partners to provide new experiences and exciting opportunities for all pupils.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
Highlights from last year include:
- A Big Sing led by Opera North
- 14 of our primary schools participated in the Shakespeare Schools Festival
- 6 of our primary schools worked with The Northern Ballet, this involved a trip to see a production and several workshops
- Several of our Northamptonshire schools developed partnerships with The Royal & Derngate Theatre and The Corby Cube
Our most recent opportunities include:
- A working partnership with Lincoln Castle, Gainsborough Old Hall and The Museum of Lincolnshire Life, offering half or full day trips.
- Nevill Holt Farm: A working farm available to our schools for day trips or camping overnight.
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801